copy Excellent Adventures in Egypt

Enter here to share Joni's adventures living and working in Cairo courtesy of the U.S. Fulbright cultural exchange program. Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and test of our civilization. - Mahatma Ghandi

9/09/2004

I managed to avoid most of the goodies with some difficulty (Egyptians are very hospitable with food) and rushed downstairs to meet Moshira El-Rafey for lunch. Moshira is a colleague of Ernie Arias and a professor of architecture in the Helwan Faculty of Fine Arts here on Zamalek. She took me to the yacht club (I told you I'd get back to it), a serene little urban oasis tucked under the west bank corniche. We had a delightful afternoon together, discovering many interests in common - including furry family members (she 2 big dogs and a cat - I can't wait to meet them!) In Moshira I feel like I have found another sister, and I look forward to spending more time with her as the days unroll. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home